My Inspiration…A post dedicated to my husband and all couples looking to feel inspired by marriage.
Time flies when you are having fun. Today is my 4th wedding anniversary! It seems like just yesterday I was getting my hair and makeup done, putting on my dress and getting ready to walk down that aisle to the love of my life.
The day I got married everything changed for me. Not just because I was about to become a ‘Mrs.’ but also because I found my calling, my inspiration. Believe it or not I used to sit behind a desk and work on finance spreadsheets. Though I had fun, it wasn’t my cup of tea. And if you must know we were one of those couples that “NEVER” wanted to get married. We simply did not understand why people got married. Funny to think that now I help people get married!
pictures by Lunaphoto
February 2nd, 2008 – I became inspired.
Inspired because I joined my life with my best friend in a ceremony that expressed to those we love on a gorgeous beach at sunset, our favorite time of day, that we pledged our life to each other. Inspired because I knew that I wanted everyone to feel the way I felt at that very moment: pure joy, butterflies and unconditional love. The idea of a wedding took on a different meaning, it became akin to writing in the sky how much you loved someone with a form of communication higher than words. To join two lives. And to do all this with people who make your existence known and convert it into life.
On our honeymoon, I couldn’t stop thinking about all of the details, friends that joined us and how much fun we had. I wanted to recreate it all, I wanted to have our 10 year anniversary just to have an excuse to do it all over again, and then, it clicked… Why not help other people feel this way? I was very involved in the planning process of my wedding and every detail, every moment was so much fun for me that really, it was a natural evolution.
Fast forward a few years and here I am recreating what I felt through my ‘One Happening’ that for me, will transcend the moment.
My advice for my clients and future clients on their wedding day?
1. Get a good night sleep the night before the wedding.
2. Have your MOH or Mom make you your favorite breakfast the day of. You might not get a lot to eat and you don’t want to pass out during the ceremony.
3. When walking down the aisle look at your future husband/wife and let the moment crystalize, be grateful for the amazing journey you are about to embark upon.
4. Don’t forget to hold hands with your husband during the night.
5. Take moments to steal away in your mind and revel in it all. After months of planning, you are now married.
6. Remember – at the end of your wedding day, you’ll be married, and that’s really all that matters.
7. Be inspired by your special day. It is a representation of you and your fiancé!
8. Hire a good coordinator for the event, it´s their job to sweat the little things and yours to bask in the moment.
9. Enjoy no matter what and don¹t let ANYTHING ruin your day. Whatever happens those who love you will be so happy nothing will bring them down and those who don’t will never be satisfied.
10. Don’t listen to advice! Ok, only half kidding here…The above is only my suggestions ultimately everyone will give you advice and you need to take only what feels right for you both.
Lastly, happy anniversary to my amazing husband.